Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Get outside!

IMG_2486 IMG_2487 IMG_2490

It seems we've been having an awful lot of "moods" around here lately

You'd think I'd remember sooner that just the act of stepping outside for a walk around the neighborhood would help with those moods

When the walls of the house get too small
when I start to feel overwhelmed with all the stuff we have
and the thought that two birthdays and Christmas are looming
which means more stuff will be coming in

sometimes you just need to go out for a walk
to skip and jump through the leaves
pick up all kinds of interesting leaves in order to begin a leaf collection
make friends with the neighborhood dogs
and some people too
take a picture in front of a bush because "I match the leaves!"
marvel at the blue sky &
the big power lines in the back of the development

then come back home for a tea party and a treat
and a rest because walking all that way makes some little legs tired

and you know what?
the mood seems to lift.
Every. Time.

5 comments:

  1. Yes - taking a walk, getting outside and breathing in some fresh air does the mood good! Ree is becoming so grown up now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ree looks so very happy to be out and about :) Glad you were taking in the sights and sounds of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! People always look at me strange when they are having tough days with their kiddos and I suggest getting outside. But it works. Mother Nature lifts everyone's spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yes, yes, being outside in nature always lifts one's mood. I can not imagine my life without the outdoors, and I'm go happy were able to enjoy
    this beautiful world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a great idea to breathe some fresh air! I love the outdoors, and I wish I could spend every day, all day outside (if time and weather permitted it).
    Those pink leaves in your last photo, I also took a picture of a bush like that 2 weeks ago. It looks fake on photos but it really does look like this in real life, doesn't it!?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!