Thursday, July 24, 2014

Make and Listen Along

IMG_1592 IMG_1594

Ree's big girl quilt is coming right along. Not fast enough for her, but I am happy with the progress! All I need to do now is sew the rows together and the front will be finished. I have the backing (an old sheet) so once this part is done I'll put it together and it'll be ready for quilting! Of which I am still trying to decide what to do.

Almost all the fabrics came from the stash and she picked them all out by herself. We did go to the store so she could get a few new to her fabrics. This quilt has been in the works for over a year (and in my head since we moved her to a crib years ago!) I am thinking that once this one is finished, I should start planning for baby's quilt....before I know it she'll be in her own big girl bed!

Listening has been a lot of birds, a lot of fans, and the hmm of the upstairs air conditioner. It got hot again this week!

What is going on in your making & listening world this week?

5 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous! One day I will make a quilt, one day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful blanket and I love how she is involved in the process :) looking forward to seeing how you quilt it (she should sign or write her name somewhere and you stitch over it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! You're in the home stretch!! I love the bright, cheery colors.
    Here's my post this week: http://amyhoodarts.com/2014/07/24/making-listening142014/

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty. :)

    i love the sound of fans. we’ve been able to enjoy them, too, because it’s not too hot to shut up the house and turn on the a.c.! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!