Thursday, July 17, 2014

Make and Listen Along

~ On Thursdays I will post what I have been making and listening to as creations grow. 
If so inclined post, on your blog or flickr, about what you have been making (on your own or with little hands by your side) and listening to while you create. It can be new music, flash backs, a song or a whole album... whatever you like. You can be stitching with needle & thread, yarn, paper crafting, painting, cooking... and beyond. Share what you are making and the tunes that are fueling your creativity. Then come back to my Thursday Make & Listen Along post and leave a link in the comments so we can be inspired right along with you! ~

More practice on drawing hands from yesterday's #pbhdrawingclass exercise IMG_1489 Sewing on this yucky afternoon day 31 of #100homeeddays Finished my socks. Now I can begin the Christmas knitting! Once the yarn arrives that is!

It's been a busy week for making over here!

Last week Lori from Project Based Homeschooling put out a Observational Drawing class. We were busy every day last week and didn't have a chance to get to it. This week we dove on in!

Ree loves drawing. I have never really tried to do it so am learning along with her. It's not my favorite thing to do but I enjoy doing alongside her.

She also has been working on her sewing. The other day we went so she could pick out her own plastic canvas (pink of course!) and her own embroidery floss. She's been making hearts for her sister ever since.

I finished the socks I have been working on since mid-March. Once the yarn I ordered arrives I'll begin my Christmas knitting!

As for listening, it's been mostly music from the radio or the girls. Ree talks a lot. The baby has started trying to keep up with her. Very loudly. I think she "talks" very loud in order to get a word in. Because she sure has her volume button set to high!

What have you been making & listening to?

4 comments:

  1. Ha! I'm convinced this is why G is so loud. She learned very early on that LOUD was key in this family, with four other people (including two young boys at the time) to compete with. Good luck. :-)

    Here's my post this week: http://amyhoodarts.com/2014/07/17/first-steps-in-free-motion-quilting/
    and I'm so glad it's not raining today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful making in your world this week. Love seeing little hands sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet that Ree wants to make things for her sister. I love your socks. the broad stripes are so cool. Look at you getting ready for Christmas already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sewing photo of Ree is just too adorable :) Just like her mama!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!