Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Yarn Along

Waves of prayer

Wow it's already Wednesday!! Life has been a whirlwind lately. The days go swooshing by. I had a weekending post all ready to go. It just needed to get from my head to the blog. But that didn't happen! And now, to be honest, I can't really remember much of what happened over the weekend!

I do know that I spent time with this prayer shawl. I got a text early Saturday (or late Friday?) from my mom. She said the prayer shawl ministry at her church was out of shawls. I just happened to have this sitting in the bottom of one of my baskets. I began it in December of 2012! So I picked it back up, worked feverishly much of Saturday and almost all of Sunday to finish it up late in the afternoon. (So I suppose that is pretty much what happened here over the weekend!)

Monday morning I dropped it off at my moms all ready to be gifted when someone is in need of the comfort of a warm prayer shawl.

I know how much these mean. This past November, V was gifted with one while she was in the NICU. That blanket never left her the whole time she was there. It was very comforting to me to know that someone had knit it for a little one, and my baby was covered with prayers. I hope this brings comfort to the unknown person who will receive it.

Aside from this, and a pair of socks that I began last week (that haven't gotten very far) I haven't been knitting too much. My "me time" has been dedicated to reading and writing. Right now I am in the middle of reading "Shirt of Flame: A Year with St. Therese of Lisieux". I am enjoying it so far. This is one of, I think six, books that I have read so far in March. Stay tuned for the full list on Friday!

What is on your needles & what are you reading these days?

3 comments:

  1. our prayer ministry at church has now morphed into making shawls for the pews----it's insanely COLD in the sanctuary in the summer....COLDER in the winter! Long term project here.....we need A LOT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. St. Therese is my favorite saint. Hubby gave me a beautiful picture of her that I have in storage since our home renovation years ago. She needs to come back home! Prayer shawls are just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. C got a fleece blanket in the NICU. I still have it and the baby hat she got too. So nice of you to work so hard to get the shawl done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!