Thursday, January 16, 2014

Revelation

Headed to Panera for some momma time after supper tonight. Some chai tea latte, some reading, some journaling. Just what I needed!

Monday's writing prompt was revelation. And I've had quite a few of them lately. Most that stay in my journal or in the heart of myself and a few trusted people. 

I had one last night at the dinner table. I casually mentioned that I felt like having a chai tea & a cinnamon bun from Panera. My husband told me to "grab that black thing" (also known as the ipad), my journal & a book and go. By myself? Yup. So I did! And I enjoyed it! And I could certainly do that again! 

Momma time is good. I came home refreshed and calmer. I was able to think uninterrupted for a little bit and now I have things straightened out better in my head. I've got lots of ideas for the direction I want our family to go this year. Lots of ideas for where I want my creative life to go this year. A huge revelation was that I need to make it happen or else it won't happen. And the only person to get frustrated with will be myself. 

 I'm in the midst of Heather's Hibernate workshop along with Donna and loving it. It's helping me take the feelings of where I would like our family to be and put them into something tangible. Giving me ideas of ways to go about putting into action the thoughts I have.

For my creative life I took the plunge and signed up for Amanda's Write Now course. I'm excited to see where this leads me. I've never considered myself a writer. I'm excited to challenge myself and see what comes out of this.

And I've taken the steps and reached out to people I know in real life. I love the on-line connections I've been making the past few months. But I'm feeling the need for people around me too. A dear friend of mine is actually an English professor with a concentration in writing. *Cough* I kind of forgot about that when I started feeling the pull to write. So I sent her a message about Amanda's course the other day and we've been having great conversations!

I've had a good conversation with my sister about things that have been on my heart. She's an invaluable resource to me and the voice of reason when my head feels ready to explode.

And Amy has also been the recipient of a few "I'm trying to figure things out and not getting anywhere" e-mails. She has helped and is helping with the creative side of understanding things. And best of all she lives in the same state! 

So only 16 days into the New Year and I've added a few more goals. Strengthen the peace and calm of our family; take Momma time to dedicate to my creative pursuits; and reach out for more connection around me. And get my butt off the computer more to be more present in the here and now. That will be a post for another time though!

4 comments:

  1. I for one have noticed your creative growth. It is blooming on this blog, I sense your excitement and your commitment. I am happy for you! And alone time any time is time well spent--makes us better parents and people :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to read that you are taking care of yourself and growing creatively. Making sure you don't forget 'you' is so important as a mama and
    stretching yourself is always a good thing.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading this, Jen! And as soon as C is back in the country, let's make plans...either during the day or, since you can get out at night, we can try a meet-up one evening up near you. Bookstore, coffee, + writing notebook date? I'd *love* any of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I haven't been by for a visit for a very long time and now I see that you have a new little one. Congrats! This is lovely post - sounds like you are really going down the right track with your life! I will be back to visit more often. Have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!