Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Yarn Along


It's all about the pink today!

A pink flamingo washcloth to go in a certain little one's stocking.

And a ball of pink yarn that she picked out when we visited our LYS this weekend.

I need help with that. She wanted a sweater but they only had one skein. And she HAD to get this one. I looked for other pink yarn but they weren't "pink rose".

So this is what I got and I talked her into a hat. Pattern advice please?

The yarn is Manos del Uruguay Rittenhouse about 240 yards. Anyone have a good pattern for a little almost 3 year old(!!!!)

9 comments:

  1. How about a basic hat with some embellishing with matching mitts? again with embellishing? Maybe dare I say a flamingo embroidered (I know crazy!) or maybe some little flowers? You have loads of yardage that you could do two projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any pattern ideas but I love the yarn! What a fabulous color. And the flamingo is just too awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that flamingo!!! makes me smile!!!

    I've eyed a little pattern on Ravelry called Olivia's butterfly that I think would be pretty cute. My grands didn't need hats this year (so mama said---they might get some anyway!!!) and that one was 'on my list'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I am loving the pink!
    I have knit two of these...
    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cotton-candy-toddler-hat
    and then like Karen recommended, add emblishments. It's a super easy pattern and my little one really likes them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...have you done a search on Ravelry? There are some really cute little girl patterns on there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Ree picked out her own yarn. I haven't knit toddler items in a while. I don't have any good suggestions! I bet Ravelry has some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of a washcloth for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty color. Sorry, no patterns that I know of off hand but I'm sure you'll be able to find something on Ravelry!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!