Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Monday afternoon Almanac

Elizabeth posts one of these many Monday mornings. I thought I'd put some things down in this way too as the week begins. I've used some of the prompts that she used in her post this morning. And as I came to write a Tuesday post I realized I had saved this in draft to come back to later. And forgot I hadn't posted! A Tuesday post will come later in the day then!


I find myself:

::noticing God's glory in the changing of the leaves. I love the bright reds, yellows & oranges. Ree & I spent some time outside this morning and the air was very chilly (could have to do with it being very breezy!)

::listening to Grey's Anatomy on in the background; Ree upstairs in her bed "resting" aka singing at the top of her lungs & jumping around her bed. I don't mind. She's not calling to get up yet & she's having fun.

::clothing myself in jeans, sweater and handknit socks. I love sweater weather! And handknit sock weather. I need to finish my autumn socks before the season is gone

::creating by hand a Tinkerbell costume still. Between the slippery fabric and not really working with a pattern it's slow going. Ree & I also made some Halloween decorations this past weekend. I finished some cork gnomes I'll post on Wednesday. 

::keeping house Laundry washed & put away; both (!!) bathrooms cleaned; floors swept; toys picked up
::crafting in the kitchen I have enough ingredients for meals for this week in the freezer. This makes me happy. My goal is to not have to go to the grocery store until the end of the week. Tonight is pork chops.

::loving the moments When Ree asks to "do crafts" or "go to the craft store". The other day we needed to go because she NEEDED to do a pumpkin craft. She walked up to the Halloween aisle and stood there for 10 minutes trying to decided what she wanted to get. And once she picked some things out she NEEDED to go look at the yarn "just for a minute". Be still my heart!

::planning for the week ahead This week it's all about Halloween! A Halloween play date party this afternoon with Ree & her cousins & a little friend; tomorrow some errands; Wednesday time at my parents; Thursday an early Halloween lunch with the littles, my mom, sister & Aunt; and Saturday trick or treating at the zoo with the animals and a Halloween supper party here with our family. 



1 comment:

  1. I would love to see your daughter shopping in a craft store :) Sounds like you have a great week filled with festivities, I hope you sneak in some candy for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!