Sunday, September 30, 2012

Weekending




Our weekend has been filled with fun!

Saturday Ree & I ran a few errands before coming home to bake pumpkin bread
She napped while I cleaned a little
Then we headed to my parents to drop her off on an "adventure". An overnight stay at Nana & Grumpy's. (She is big on going on adventures right now)

After we left there we headed out for a big night on the town. We went to Main Street in my hometown. We sat in the window seat of the local pizza place and people watched while we waited for our grinders to cook.

I love downtown in the quaint little village I grew up in. Seeing these pictures reminds me I want to introduce Ree to the Main Street's in our state.

After our meal we walked a few buildings up to enjoy homemade ice cream. I forgot to take a picture until they were finished! We then went to the local "mall" and walked around there for a bit, browsing in the science store; the bookstore; and the Hallmark store.

We then came home to watch: Aladdin. Oh yea we know how to have fun when the little one is at her grandparents!

It was odd to wake up today without knowing Ree would soon be up. It's a gloomy, rainy morning. A good one to curl up in my chair with my morning coffee and a book. I've also organized my craft room a little, planned out my next few knitting projects, and packed up a few boxes of things to donate to charity.

In a little bit we'll head down to reunite with Ree, go to Church at my home parish, then spend the afternoon there watching the Patriots HOPEFULLY win this week. After that it's up to my sister-in-laws for more football and a mini-birthday celebration.

All in all I'd say this is the perfect weekend!

Linking up with Amanda at The Habit of Being

8 comments:

  1. a great weekend!!! a bit of everything....busy, calm, entertaining....really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure sounds like a great weekend with lots to do. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those two sandwiches look fantastic! My kids are old and it's weird when they are not here too. But I kind of like it most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know your parents had a blast!
    It's nice to have a little time to just be a couple again, it makes for a better parent I think and I hope you have many more date nights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had some "you" time! Way to go Ree... a big adventure indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds so wonderful and those grinders look so good! Enjoy the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you made the best of the dreary weekend. That's great to see that Ree loves spending time with her grandparents. It was one of my favorite memories as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how nice to have parents around to watch the little one! and those sandwiches look amazing - sounds like a great, low-key date night :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!