Sunday, August 26, 2012

Weekending

The weekend began with pizza & a walk around the yard.


Saturday consisted of a little bit of knitting; cleaning a bit; lots of laundry; and an afternoon trip to the local art museum. The museum was a lot of fun but it meant that Ree missed her nap. Ree still needs her nap. So last night was a little rocky.


We were saddened to hear about the death of Neil Armstrong. So in his honor we got out the telescope and all took turns looking at the Moon. It was very interesting (I've never done this before!) and we've kept the telescope out to keep looking this week as the full Moon gets closer.

I've also decided to teach myself a little bit more about photography using our "big" Canon camera. I need more practice because most of the pictures I took this weekend all came out blurry!


Today has been Church; relaxing; baking brownies for tonights ice cream sundae dessert; some more knitting; and watching an episode or two of Gilmore Girls. 

Linking up with Amanda at The Habit of Being!

8 comments:

  1. Yay for the moon... but I agree, I'm sad about Armstrong too. Sounds like a good weekend. PS have you seen Amy Sherman Pallidino's new show on Family Channel called Bunheads? Better than Gilmore Girls in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great weekend to me....good luck with the camera. (Just when I think maybe I'm getting the hang of it.....I have a run of not great shots!!!!---obviously user error/not camera!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to honor the memory of Neil Armstrong. So sad that he is no longer with us. He was a true hero of my childhood. Sounds like a nice weekend. I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will get the hang of the camera in no time. Just keep going at it. Great photos today!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember sitting in school at the age of 5 and watch Neil Armstrong walk on the moon, it made a huge impact on my life, I am sad he is gone.
    Just remember with the camera to keep it fun and in no time you will be a pro!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to honor the death of Neil Armstrong.

    I loved the Gilmore Girls, too. There is a new show called "Bunheads" by the director of the GG (Amy Sherman Palladino). It reminds me so much of GG.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why was I the only one who thought Neil Armstrong died a long time ago??

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had a "big" camera! It's on my wish list. I only got a little knitting done myself. I found myself very scattered this weekend! Glad you had a good one :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!