Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Yarn Along


A few weeks ago Donna's daughter began knitting a pair of ankle socks. I wanted some too! I finally cast on for my own pair the other day. It am improvised pattern using Donna's notes and a heel from another pattern. Although I've made tons of socks I'm still not comfortable improvising the heel and gusset!!

I found this lovely lace weight yarn in the stash the other day. I remember buying it years ago but don't remember for what. I know I cast on something with the 3rd skein though because it's already wound. The lace weight threw me off it's so thin! Now I'd like to make something with it. Possibly a scarf. I'll have to check out ravelry for an easy pattern.

10 comments:

  1. I love seeing the blue and pink in your yarn choices. I don't know if you have enough yardage but please stop back over on my blog and look at yesterday's post about a KAL that I'm starting this weekend. Would love to have you join!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lace weight yarn is so pretty! I love digging in the stash and finding forgotten treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour you picked for your socks. I am itching to get another pair of socks going but they are on hold until I finish up some of my other projects (gasp).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pink lace yarn is gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you decide to knit with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had a lot of good luck with that particular sock yarn. It machine washes/dries like a dream for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about cold mountain shawl? That takes one skein of lace weight. Gorgeous gorgeous yarn!!! I think I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty pink lace weight. looks like you have enough for a decent sized scarf or shawl too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hunting for a pattern is half the fun isn't it? Can't wait to see what you decide to make with that lovely yarn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice to find that lovely yarn in your stash, I am with Amanda, it would make a lovely shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the socks... but that pink! LOVE! Can't wait to see what it wants to become.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!