Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ree's Kitchen Towel



For Christmas, Santa brought Ree a play kitchen. She loves "doing the dishes" and washing her hands in the pretend sink. And she is constantly taking our towels to use. So I decided to knit up a towel of her very own as her Valentine's present.

I improvised the pattern & took some notes while knitting & thought I'd share it here.

Ree's Kitchen Towel

On size 8 needles, cast on 46 stitches.

Knit every row for 8 rows creating the border.

Switch to stockinette stitch, knitting first & last 3 stitches of each row.

After 18 inches from cast on edge I switched back to knitting every row for 8 rows. Bind off.

This can easily be adapted for a "big person" kitchen towel as well. Just continue in stockinette stitch for a few more rows before finishing the border.

I used Bernat cotton yarn & to make me a towel would probably knit for about 20 inches before finishing with the border.

Joining up with Ginny at her Yarn Along this week!

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! The wee one here has a play kitchen and could really use her own towels!
    Happy Yarn Along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tea towel is so cute and colorful. I'm sure it will prove very useful in Ree's kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colors you used. She is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great gift for her new little kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!