Saturday, December 31, 2011

End of 2011

I had a great idea for an end to 2011 beginning of 2012 post but I woke up this morning with a horrible sinus headache that has stuck around all day. That post will have to wait. Instead I found this neat quiz on my sister's blog Baby Makes Four and it's requires about the only amount of brain power I have left for the day!


1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before? 
We bought a house!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember if I made any resolutions last year. I'm hoping to get that post up about next year in the next few days!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister To an absolutely beautiful little boy. I never knew how much love you could have for someone else's children until my niece & nephew were born. 
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No thank God.
5. What countries did you visit?
Stayed close to home
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A new baby!
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 18 (the day my husband began his new job after 6 months unemployment) October 17 (the day we closed on our new house) October 13 (the birth of our nephew) 
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not losing my mind through the process of looking for, finding, trying to get, eventually getting & then moving into our new home
9. What was your biggest failure?
I can't really say I had any failures. Little moments of not having the most patience with my husband & daughters but I wouldn't call that a failure
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope just a few colds & sinus infections
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our house!!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Ree's. She's lived in 3 houses in her 2 years of life; dealt with having Daddy home everyday for six months to him being back at work & gone for 12 hours a day or more lately; and another move in the past few months. For a 2 year old she has done splendidly! I am so proud to be her Momma
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Someone not close to me but whose behavior has affected people I love dearly.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Our new house
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
A new job for my husband, our new house and the birth of our nephew!
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Katy Perry's "Firework". Ree LOVES LOVES LOVES that song. We bought a cd with it on it and whenever we are in the car that is (usually) the only song she lets us play, it's on repeat. 
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Probably about the same
c) richer or poorer? poorer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Enjoying the small moments that make up our life
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying about the future. We've got steady income, a roof over our head and food in our bellies. This time last year I wish I'd trusted in God just a bit better and not worried so much!
Also, spending mindless time on the computer. (This is what Megan had written too!)
20. How did you spend Christmas?
We spend Christmas Eve at my mom's with her side of the family; we slept over there & opened presents with my sister & parents that morning; then we went to Massachusetts to celebrate with my sister-in-law then we went to my sister's house to for dessert & more presents.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Just more in love with my wonderful little family
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I "found" Grey's Anatomy. Thanks to my mom lending me the past seasons I'm caught up to season 5. I'm loving it!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I try not to hate people. People who say they are adults and yet act like children don't have my respect though 
24. What was the best book you read?
I've been reading lots of "mindless" books the past few months. My brother-in-law has been lending me the books from the Eragon series. I'm really enjoying them!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
We haven't been listening to much music except "Firework"
26. What did you want and get?
A steady income & a new house
27. What did you want and not get?
A new baby
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The only film we went to see was the last of the Harry Potter series
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29 and honestly can't remember what I did! Most likely had a dinner with my family! I'm really looking forward to the year's though!!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To be honest I can't think of anything! I think 2011 was a pretty good year and I'm very much looking forward to see what 2012 has in store for my family!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Jeans & sweaters for the colder weather; short sleeved shirts & capris in the summer
32. What kept you sane?
My husband. He is always my rock.  (Taken from Megan because this totally applies to me as well)
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
What is wrong with me? I can't even think of any... (same as Megan)
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I try not to pay too much attention to those things. I suppose I should and this coming year is an election year so I'll start paying a little bit more 
35. Who did you miss?
No one in particular. I am very lucky to be able to see those I love most on a regular basis
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Not a "new" person but in 2011 I've had the opportunity to get reacquainted with a good friend from high school. We haven't seen each other hardly at all for about 10 years but she moved back home this year & we've been seeing each other fairly regularly. It's very nice!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
No matter what God is in control. We can't do anything about it except trust in His Almighty plan. And His plan is always the one that is best for us!
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. 
"Baby you're a firework". That songs been our "theme" song all year so that's what comes to mind!
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!